Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rut?!?

Do you ever feel like you’re not where you should be, something’s missing or you’re just not happy? It could be that you’re stuck in a rut and just need to find a way out.
 
Sometimes a simple small change can be enough to pull us out and other times a much bigger drastic change is what's needed.
 
It's hard to take a step back and analyze our own lives. Sometimes we've known for a while what needs to change but hide from it. Change isn't always easy, but can be necessary in order to lead a happy, healthy life.
 
We need to be able to acknowledge what the issue is, face it and fix it before we can start climbing out of the rut. There can be a multitude of things that can make us feel down or stuck; sometimes its work, personal or even seasonal. Regardless you need to be the one who wants to change and to initiate it.
 
I think I can....wait...I know I can!
It can be hard to initiate a change, even though we are unhappy, change is different, an unknown and that can be scary. But when it comes down to it what’s scarier, staying in a rut and being unhappy or making a change that may be scary at first but can lead to a happier future?

Not all choices or changes will be right and that’s ok. I know that I have made a couple of wrong ones along the way, but I’ve learnt from them and moved on. I have learnt that I get bored easily and need to feel challenged, so because of that I try new things and try and push myself. We learn from trial and error, where not perfect and we cannot predict the future. So instead learn from mistakes made and celebrate the times you get it right.

We can become very busy looking out for the best interest of everyone else that sometimes we can neglect what it is that we need. We forget that we need to be our very own advocates.

So be your number one fan, celebrate you and fight to be happy, and don’t be afraid to ask for help along the way. Because, even though we need to be the ones to initiate the change some holes are a lot easier to climb out of when you have a rock to tie the rope around.

Lotsa Love,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment