Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Honesty Conundrum

We all would like to believe that honesty is easy and can only bring good things. But sometimes when were honest with others and ourselves the things we hear and say are not always easy. Sometimes we avoid honesty because we think that we are saving someone or something from the truth, but are we really?

I have recently learned that if I’m not honest and forced to hold things inside it is not only toxic for myself but for all others involved. I learned how hard and how freeing honesty can be. I feel like a ton of bricks have been lifted from my chest and I am now excited to move forward in certain relationships that I was once before dreading. It’s crazy to think that something I had been dreading for a few years now; in one combustible moment and a few hours of discussion can be repaired and back on track to where the relationship used to be.

As we get older and take on new roles in our lives we change, change is inevitable. It’s our choice how we handle the change and how we move forward from it. We cannot stop ourselves from changing, growing or even aging, but we can determine how we go through it.

There are always several ways of looking at something and how to deal with it. When you have dynamite, gasoline and a spark you can have a devastating explosion with wreckage further than the eyes can see or you can burst through a giant concrete wall and be left standing holding hands on the other side.

I am personally enjoying the other side!

Lotsa Love,
Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment