Thursday, February 10, 2011

Crazy Hazy Days

Ever have one of those days where it seems like you got so much done, but not nearly enough; one of those days when you have no time for you? With everything we pack into our lives those days seem to be more common than they should.

Today was one of those days for me, it wasn’t necessarily crazy that I didn’t have a spare second; it was more about free time for just me. It is easy to get wrapped up in family, friends, work and all the activities we deal with in our day. All these things are great part of our days and cannot be avoided, but we need to find balance for some us time.

One of the things I like doing in my day for me is writing and writing this blog. I take some time out of the day and let my creativity go. I get to be alone with my netbook and make it a sort of ritual. So today when it was getting late and I had yet to write I thought of maybe skipping a day. When I thought of that it did not sit well and I felt like I was missing out on a part of my day I love so much.

It is easy to say we can put things off till tomorrow, writing, exercising, reading or whatever it is that you do for you in your day. It would have been easy to not write today and say it was because I was busy and move on till tomorrow. What happens though is that we become ok with putting that particular thing off and it can eventually fade away from our schedule all together.

So I ask you to make sure to take time in your day for you. Give yourself time to unwind, to process your day. Write in a diary (blog or book), read, take a long bath or go for a walk. Taking that time for you, fitting you in your schedule will be much more rewarding then putting you on the back burner.  

Whatever you do make sure it’s for you, go ahead and give you that daily gift. You’re worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment